Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Spokening Dollar...

As far as I know, if there's one person responsible for teaching my kids how to speak in English then that would be me, especially since they are all home schooled.  Speaking of home schooling, they are enrolled in the Philippines in a regular school under the homeschooling system.  Their curriculum is under Basic Education Curriculum of DepEd but they are also under the American Curriculum integrated in the school system.  That means they are following the American English pronunciation of words or in pinoy lingo, slang (tama ba?).  Although our accent is still pinoy english, my kids are very particular with certain word pronunciation and most of the time, ako na ang kino-correct nila! Imagine having 3 boys na as if nakabantay with every word I say.  Here are just some examples...

     Me: We will pay twenty (twen-ti) riyals for the toy.
     Sammy: Mommy, (tweny) po...

     Me:  We have to bring you to the doctor (dok-tor) na, Matti.
     Matti:  (Duc-ter) po mommy...

     Me:  Boys, look at the table, you didn't clean it, there are lots of breadcrumbs (bred-krumbs).
     Paolo: Mommy, (bred-crums) po, silent 'b' po...
     Me: ay, sorry, I forgot!

Naloko na!

I remember when I was still young, my brothers and I would usually correct our mom. She's a lawyer and while she's very good with speaking and writing in english, most of the time she interchanges the use of p and f and b and v.  And that really bothers me, lol.  I remember she would just laugh it off and tell us to mind our own business but I wonder if there are times when she got annoyed at us, hehe...Looking back now, I couldn't help but wonder, karma ko na ba ito? hahaha...










0 made connections:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...